Monday, April 12, 2010

Mailbag for April 12, 2010





TRANSCRIPT

Hi, I’m Noah! This summer my wife and I are having twins. You know, I heard the theme music I use for TwinDadBlog in a Pepsi Commercial. Dear PepsiCo, you are a multi-billion dollar corporation, you don’t have to use free, public domain music lifted from Garage Band. Even if it does sound as cool as this.

Hey, it’s mailbag time! These are from emails and Facebook messages I’ve gotten from friends, most of whom had no idea I would be using their names and comments in this forum. Um … thanks!

Jason, a friend of mine from Alabama writes
“I gotta give it to you. TwinDadBlog is not that bad.” –Jason

Thanks Jason. I have to give it to you. Not everyone from Alabama is an inbred donkey lover.

XXXXXX of San Diego California asks
If the twins had fetal super powers, what would they be?

Okay, now I’m trying to think of superpowers a fetus could have that wouldn’t prove incredibly detrimental to their mother’s health … for example, adamantium claws would be right out.

Bobby Rodgers writes
"congrats daddy-o."

I just like this one because ever since I’ve known Bobby I always thought his name sounded like a 1950s teen idol and him calling me “daddy-o” just adds to that. So, thanks Bobby, I think you’re the bee’s knees, too.

XXXXX of San Diego, CA writes
Will you do a vblog in the hospital during delivery? But in the current style, where neither Amanda nor twins are allowed near the camera?

Yes, that’s my plan, to be off in some other corner of the hospital with Amanda’s MacBook, making a sardonic video blog entry, while she’s screaming in pain from her latest contraction.


Mr. Richard Feder of Fort Lee, NJ writes,
Now that you have a beard, how can we tell the difference between you and your evil twin Haon from the Evil Twin video?

What an utterly preposterous question.

XXXXX of San Diego, CA writes
Are you going to be one of those embarrassing dads that go around the house naked?

XXXX, I would prefer it if you spent less time thinking about me naked.


I’m going to have to put this next one, from Emily Wilson, on the screen.

"holy %^&*! Congratulations!"

Thanks Emily, though I’m uncertain if you said percentage sign, caret, ampersand, asterisk exclamation point, or if you said percentage sign, caret, ampersand, asterisk and then punctuated it with an exclamation point. Either way, please keep this kind of filthy language off my number sign, asterisk, at symbol, ampersanding blog.

XXXXXXX of San Diego, CA writes
Are you ready for two daughters? Like, really?? The mere idea of one daughter becoming a teenager and then going to college would freak me out!

I met XXXX when Amanda and I were working with college students on a program called Semester at Sea. Israel organized a screening of the Rocky Horror Picture show and convinced a number of the female students to dress up in lingerie for the event. So my answer is, I think I’ll be fine if I have daughters and they go off to college as long as they stay away from people like XXXXXX of San Diego, CA.

And finally, Eric Keenan-Gray posted a quote from an Anonymous author:

"Two faces to wash, and four dirty hands
Two insistent voices, making demands
Twice as much crying, when things go wrong
The four eyes closing, with slumber song
Twice as many garments, blowing on the line
Two cherubs in the wagon, soaking up sunshine
Work I do for twins, naturally comes double
But four arms to hug me, repay all my trouble.
~Author Unknown

Um … I should probably say something snarky and hilarious now, but … that was just … wow.

Hey, let’s do more of these, like, maybe one where not all of the questions from come from XXXXXX of San Diego, CA

(PS, XXXX’s really a great guy and I was just kidding)

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment